This is my recipe that I use for protein pancakes which I eat on a cheat day or when I want to eat Nutella guilt free after an intense workout. It’s not the healthiest thing and neither is it the tastiest variation of it, but something I do enjoy guilt-free.
- Gather all the dry ingredients mentioned below. Strain them through a big strainer into a bowl and make sure there are no lumps.
- I use Dymatize ISO100 (chocolate flavoured) and its sweeter and tastier than most other whey supplements I’ve consumed. Whey by Quest Protein is also great for cooking.
- Depending on the taste/sweetness of your protein supplement and in case you plan to skip adding a banana due to it’s flavour you will probably need to add a little more sugar than in this recipe (a ripe banana adds a lot of sweetness to the pancakes).
- Then gather all the dry and wet ingredients in a big bowl. Mix everything together with a hand beater thoroughly to get rid of all the lumps until it’s a smooth batter with dropping consistency.
- Spray some butter/coconut oil on the over a non-stick pan, and then put some batter and cook both sides like you normally would.
1 Cup Wheat Flour (Can use all purpose flour, but I try to avoid it since whole wheat flour is richer in nutrition and better for digestion).
1 1/2 Tbsp Drinking Chocolate (according to taste actually)
1 1/2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar (You can skip this. I personally add a banana for sweetness)
1 Tbsp Eno or Baking Powder
1 Scoop Chocolate Flavoured Protein Powder (I use Dymatize ISO100)
2 Tbsp curd
3/4th to 1 cup Milk
1 Mashed Banana
1 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
Ps. You can also use vanilla essence along with vanilla flavoured protein powder as a substitute to the drinking chocolate and chocolate protein. You can also add half a tablespoon of salt and cinnamon if you choose to.
You can add toppings of your choice. You could add tiny chunks of chocolate chips or dried fruits into the pancakes while they’re cooking or some Nutella and Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup and similar toppings as earlier after the pancake has cooked too.