Veggie Bean Cutlets or Burgers for your Soul that wishes for variety :p,
PREP TIME: – 15-20 mins
COOK TIME: – 30-40 mins
SERVES: – 7-8 Cutlets
• 360g of COOKED Kidney Beans
• 1 Capsicum (Green Bell Pepper) Finely chopped
• 1 Medium Onion Finely Chopped
• 7-8 Medium sized Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
• ¼ Teaspoon Cumin Powder
• ½ Teaspoon Pav Bhaji Masala/ Any Garam Masala
• ½ Teaspoon Ginger Powder
• ½ Lemon
• ¼ Cup Oats Atta/ Ground Oats + More for Later Binding
• Salt to Taste
• Vegetable Oil/ Olive Oil
• Coriander (Optional)
1. Lightly Smash the Cooked Kidney Beans with a Potato Smasher or a spoon.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the Capsicum, Onion, Garlic.
3. Add Cumin Powder, Pav Bhaji Masala & Ginger Powder and Mix Well.
4. Squeeze in half a lemon & add coriander in the mixtureand stir it in.
5. Add the above mixture to the lightly smashes Kidney Beans & Mix evenly.
6. Slowly add the Oats Atta in the ‘Kidney Bean Capsicum’ batter.
7. Place this bowl of mix in the fridge for 15 mins. While pre-heating oven at 200°C for 25 mins
8. Remove mix from the fridge, dust your hands with Oats Atta, scoop the mix onto your hand and make a flat Cutlet. Gently place the Cutlet on the silicone mat/parchment paper (Silicone mat preferred since mixture is slightly runny).
9. Powder all the Cutlets with little Oats Atta and a few drops of Oil.
10.Place in Oven for 20 mins at 200°C.
11.Remove the tray and add a few drops of Oil on the Cutlets again for a crispier result.
12.Place the tray once again for 10 mins at 200°C or until the crust turns brown and crispy.
13.Let them cool for 5-7 mins before removing from the tray.
NOTES: – Serve in a Bun with Ketchup or go Healthy and serve with some Vegetables, Lettuce and Mustard.
Happy Cooking! 🙂