Ever wondered how to bake without an oven, well here is how! Keep reading 🙂
PREP TIME – 5 Mins
COOK TIME – 50 – 60 Mins
SERVES – 4 Mini Cakes
- 2 Large Bananas (can be ripe)
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1-2 Tsp Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2-1 Tsp Coconut Oil (to grease the Idli Mould)
- 2 cups of Salt (to bake on the stove)
1. Peel and chop the bananas.
2. In a food processor add the chopped Bananas, Peanut Butter and Cocoa Powder.
3. Blitz till a smooth texture is formed.
4. Grease one the Idli mould and pour the mixture into the mould. Place the Cashews on top and sprinkle Desiccated Coconut on top.
5. In a big vessel (wok, pan or pressure cooker) add 2 cups of salt and let it heat on a low flame.
6. Place a small stand in the pan and then the Idli mould on top of the stand and cover with a steel plate or the lid.
7. Let it bake for 50 minutes on low heat.
8. Check if the mini cakes are baked with a toothpick or knife (if it comes out clean then they are ready, if not then leave for another 10 minutes).
Notes: You can also bake this in an oven at 180°C for 15 minutes (you can use a tray, line it up with a baking paper and grease with Coconut Oil).
Ta-da Enjoy these Mini Cakes 🙂