PREP TIME: – 15 mins
COOK TIME: – 50-60 mins
SERVES: – 8-10 Falafels
- 1 Heaping Cup of Dried Uncooked Overnight Soaked Chickpeas (215g)
- 1 Medium Onion Finely Chopped
- 6 Medium sized Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
- 50g Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) Finely chopped
- 2/3 Cup Finely Chopped Parsley, if not available then Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ Tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ Tsp Chilli Powder/ Chilli Flakes
- ¼ Tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 Lemon
- 10g Olive Oil
1. Dry all Chickpeas with a cotton cloth.
2. In a mixer grinder, put the overnight soaked Chickpeas, & blend until a grainy mixture is formed.
3. Remove the grainy mixture into a bowl & add the Chopped Onions, Garlic & Bell Pepper.
4.Then Add the Parsley & Sesame Seeds.
5. Finally add the Cumin, Chilli & Ginger Powder.
6. Mix generously and squeeze in an entire Lemon with Olive Oil.
7. Form circular shaped patty’s and place them gently on the Baking Paper or Silicone Sheet.
8. Place them in the fridge for 15 mins while Pre-heating the oven at 200°C for 15 mins.
9. Bake the Patty for 30 mins at 200°C or until the crust becomes brown.
10.Let them cool for 5-7 mins before removing from the tray.
NOTES: – Serve with Hummus, Lettuce, & Pickled Vegetables and Pita Bread Pockets or wraps. Also if you don’t have an oven, simple place the Falafel Pattys on a non-stick pan and add a few drops of oil and cook on both sides until crispy and brown.