We call this Rajwadi Romesco because it is a pure mix-vegetable dry curry infused with a Spanish Flavoured sauce called Romesco.
PREP TIME – 20 mins
COOK TIME – 20-30 mins
SERVES – 4-5
- INGREDIENTS: –
- 2-3 Large Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 Medium Potatoes
- 4-5 Long Carrots (roughly chopped)
- 2 Medium Sized Tomatoes
- 10-15 Garlic Cloves (crushed,depending on how strong you like it)
- 250gms French Beans (roughly take fistful of-uncut long beans)
- 4 Tbsp of Ghee
- 25-30 Almonds (powdered)
- 1 Tbsp of Rajwadi Masala (I used ‘Badshah’ brand)
- 1 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- In one steel pot boil cut Potatoes, carrots and beans. Let it boil for 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile blend tomatoes and crushed almonds together.
- In a non-stick pan heat ghee, add Hing, Jeera, and Garlic. Once it turns a little golden add onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add in the mixture of Tomatoes and Almonds (this is your Romesco Sauce) and saute again, cover with a lid for 2-3 mins.
- Slowly add the boiled vegetables and mix.
- Add Red Chilli Powder and Turmeric Powder. Add Rajwadi Masala and mix it all evenly.
- Add Salt to Taste. Keep on Medium-Low heat for 5-7 mins.
Notes: – Don’t worry if you add extra salt, just add a few drops of Lemon Juice or even half a Lemon to it. Enjoy this specialty of ours with Whole Wheat Roti or Boiled Rice. Or just by itself.